CHINESE TEMPLE

chinese

The Chinese Monastery stands about one hundred metres north-west of the Mahabodhi Mahavihara. The Temple was one of the oldest and had extricate decorated woodwork but due to decay was rebuilt in the year 1997.

Chinese temple or vihåra of Bodhgaya was built in 1945 by SITINGCHEN, a Chinese monk. The temple then had enshrined a black stone image of Mukutdhâri Buddha with golden polish. At present the Temple houses three very beautifully carved Buddha Statues in three different forms in golden colour.

OTHER IMPORTANT SITES SURROUNDINGS BODHGAYA

Home_NRp_RegularOver